We've all been through rough patches or had off days but the one thing that gets us through is the love of others. Today you can make a difference in someone's like by simply being you and letting your passion for life shine through.
I know sometimes I get down and am really negative and catch myself in that moment and know I have the opportunity to change that mood around by making a decision to be happy but sometimes it isn't that easy. I challenge you to help make someone smile this week! Try out one or more of these 7 unique ways today to put smiles on their faces.
7 Unique Ways To Make Someone Smile
1. Write an encouraging note to others that have encouraged you or that need encouragement! Bring back the old days of handwriting and letter mailing 🙂
2. Invite a friend over for lunch (with kids) because sometimes we all just need a break! Let the kids play while you chat away.
3. Give someone an inspirational book to read. You will feel good doing it, reading the book will change the person, and they will think of you every time they read it.
4. Have a friend or relatives kids over for a playdate. If you've had kids in your life, you know the value of being able to have a few hours of “adult time” without worrying about the children. Don't wait to be asked to baby-sit when it is required. Offer to do it at a time when the parent can do something fun for themselves.
5. Deliver a meal to someone you know that could use the extra help. You can be a tremendous help or even a lifesaver by providing a meal that can be enjoyed.
6. Volunteer time to supporting a local charity or group. Everyone could use an extra hand, maybe you are an expert in a certain area or love animals you could share your passion with other by lending a helping hand and your time!
7. Thank everyone that supports you throughout the day. Remember family and friends, secretaries, co-workers, teachers, Sunday school teachers, pastors, store employees, janitors, gas station attendants, those that deliver your mail and newspaper, and servers at restaurants. Sometimes just a simple thank you goes a long way.
But my favorite is giving a genuine smile to everyone you meet!
What's your favorite way to make someone smile?
LOVE it Laura. Sometimes all it takes is a simple smile at a stranger to make them reciprocate. With the harsh winter we had, I put out a similar challenge to people. Thank you for helping to make the world a happier place, one smile at a time.
Sarah Robinson recently posted…1 part-dog. 1 part-human. 1 part-devil.