As a busy Mom I can tell you first hand how helpful it is to have a meal plan, be organized and think ahead. Doing a little prep work and preparing meals ahead of time saves a lot of time, headache and money in the long run. If you use a vacuum sealer to help with you preparation you can have pre-made meals that are nutritious and quick to fix, all you have to do is pop them out of the freezer and throw them in boiling water and done!
How Vacuum Sealing Saves You Money
Did you know that vacuum sealing your foods can increase their shelf life? Here are a few items I like to vacuum seal when I buy in bulk:
- Snow Peas, snap peas stored in the freezer last 2-3 years
- Cheddar Cheese stored in the fridge lasts 4-8 months
- Beef, pork, lamb stored in the freezer lasts 2-3 years
- Bagels, bread, pastries stored in the freezer last 1-3 years
- Flour stored in the pantry lasts 1-2 years
Vacuum sealing is so easy especially when you have the right tools and a little bit of help. I find that it makes buying in bulk easier and menu planning takes very little time now.
Amazon has a wide selection of vacuum sealers that will help you save money!
This post contains affiliate links, thank you for your continued support