If you're like I used to be before my New Year's Theme I used to find every excuse under the sun to not workout. Now that I have NO EXCUSES I thought I would share a quick fitness tip with you! I have an at-home routine that doesn't take much time and you can do it with simple things you have around the home!
Quick Fitness Tip – At-Home Routine
Fitness routines you can do at home make exercise easy and sometimes a lot of fun! I find waking up a little earlier in the morning so I can do this alone gives me a great start to the day. If you're looking for something a little extra during the day check out the tips from last week on exercise tips for busy Moms. From start to finish, this will take 20-30 minutes depending on the pace you want to set. I'm not a trainer by any means but this routine works great for me. The best part is you get a quick whole-body workout with low-impact exercises.
- Warm up with with a simple 3-5 minute cardio like jumping jacks, running on the spot or skipping rope.
- 20-30 Squats in full control! Feet are shoulder-width apart, arms in front of you, and lower yourself into a seated position and repeat.
- 20 Wall Push Ups. Place your hands shoulder-width apart on a sturdy wall in front of you, with feet slightly apart and abs engaged, lift your heels to balance on your toes inhale as you bend your elbows and lean your body farther toward the wall.
- 1 Min High Knees. Stand in place with your feet hip-width apart. Push your right knee toward your chest and quickly place it back on the ground. Follow immediately by pushing your left knee toward your chest. Repeat for 1 min.
- 15-20 Tricep Dips. Grab a chair, position your hands shoulder-width apart on the front edge while you're seated, slide your butt off with your legs extended in front of you, and straighten your arms, keeping a little bend in your elbows. Slowly lower your body towards the floor until your elbows are at about 90° keeping your back close the the chair. Slowly return to the start position and repeat!
- 1 min Jumping jacks for a cool down
- Stretch it out!
The most important thing is to have fun and make the workout simple so you want to go back to it every day. With a basic routine, it is easy to modify the exercises to keep the routine fresh and entertaining. So have fun, exercise, and love you!
What's your favorite quick workout?