When it comes to breakfast I love Eggs Benedict and this quick and easy recipe won't disappoint. I have to admit I'm not a fan of leftovers, I prefer to make a new meal instead of eating the same thing. That's why this eggs benedict recipe is so easy! It utilizes leftover ham to make a tasty breakfast.
Quick and Easy Eggs Benedict Recipe
I will admit I don't make this recipe a lot but it is my favorite go-to when we have guests spend the night. For the most part, I always have the ingredients on hand so it's easy to whip up while I'm sipping on my favorite coffee.
If you don't have leftover ham you can always use bacon or deli meats. The recipe is versatile and can easily be added to with some fresh asparagus, spinach, or even swapping out the English muffins for your favorite bread or bagel.
Quick and Easy Eggs Benedict
- 2 English muffins split then toasted and buttered
- sliced ham enough to cover the English muffins
- 4 eggs
- Hollandaise sauce – I use a Knorr package so you'll need the ingredients as required
- salt and pepper to taste
- cayenne pepper to top the finished product
- In a frying pan over med-high heat, fry the ham on each side until evenly browned.
- While the ham is cooking get the hollandaise started as per package directions and the English muffins toasted
- When the English muffins are toasted and buttered place them on the serving plate and cover with the cooked ham
- In the meantime when the ham is removed from the frying pan, use non-stick cooking spray to coat the pan and place your cracked eggs into the frying pan, topped with salt and pepper, cooking them to your preferred taste
- When eggs are cooked place on top of the ham and smother in hollandaise sauce and place a pinch of cayenne pepper on top to finish off the look!
- Serve warm
I take the easy way out and use Hollandaise Sauce from a package, to me it isn't cheating just making my life easier! Typically the package calls for butter and milk to create a thick, creamy sauce. If you're looking for a homemade version of Hollandaise I like this easy blender hollandaise from Simply Recipes.
If you're looking for a simple breakfast that doesn't require much time in the kitchen we have a few recipes that might pique your interest:
- Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash
- Slow Cooker Southwestern Breakfast Casserole
- Egg Bake
- Sheet Pan Blueberry Pancakes
As a busy Mom, I know how valuable your time is! I also know that we love to feed our families and a full tummy in the morning usually results in a better day had by everyone. I hope you get a chance to enjoy this quick and easy eggs benedict!
What's your favorite breakfast?