Saturday already?! Hard to believe it was a week ago that we were in Las Vegas already and I haven't even posted about our exciting night after skydiving – guess I need to get my butt in gear. This post is a continuation of making healthier choices and being healthier, getting that competitive side in me going to beat Frank!
It is hard to make a lot of home-cooked meals and quick nowadays without using a lot of packaged ingredients, that's why I was so happy to find Epicure! Sorry to all my US readers, I don't think they ship to you :(. By changing a few simple ingredients in your regular go-to recipes and replacing them with Epicure items you can cut your sodium down to less than half! Imagine that just from using a different bouillon base or taco seasoning how much sodium you are cutting out of your diet, not to mention the fact that a lot of the items are Kosher! Here is a list of my easy replacements:
- Bouillon Bases – chicken, beef, and vegetable
- Taco Seasoning from the What's For Dinner Collection at 90 mg sodium for the package compared to store-bought which is around 2400 mg/package it is a no-brainer
- Slow Cooker Country Chicken from the What's For Dinner Collection
- Bacon, Cheese, and Chives Dip Mix – delicious on almost anything
- Rubs – all of them are delicious and packed full of flavor
- Poco Picante Salsa Mix – talk about delicious and easy homemade salsa!
And the list goes on!! The What's For Dinner Collection is full of inexpensive and quick meal ideas! If you're busy and on the go but like to have home-cooked meals give them a try. I also have some quick and easy homemade recipes like Chicken Noodle Soup and my Cheese Dip which is the quickest recipe for making a last-minute appy!
Now for my new favorite!! The rectangle silicone steamer – use it to steam vegetables in 6-8 minutes, make microwave popcorn where you know what's on it in 3 minutes, and fajitas in 10 minutes!!
Rectangular Silicone SteamerSimply prep, season, and steam. Makes 1–2 servings. Microwave, Dishwasher, and Freezer Safe. Oven-safe to 425° F (220° C). 100% FDA food-grade silicone. #4213
Hope you liked my insider tip on having a healthier lifestyle, it is a home-based party business that is also sold online so feel free to ask questions or visit the Epicure website. Doesn't hurt to try something new, what have you got to lose?!