We love our family movie nights and wouldn't trade them for anything. We've made it our family tradition to turn off our phones and spend time together every week watching at least one movie. Since doing this we've noticed a huge improvement in the behavior of the kids and our family as a whole. It is surprising how busy we get with our everyday lives and forget about the simple things, lucky we're constantly reminded to live, love and laugh every day!
This week I wanted to focus a little on why you should add a little laughter to your family movie night. You know the old English Proverb Laughter is the best medicine, well it carries a lot of weight. Did you know laughter:
- relaxes the whole body – you can relieve physical tension and stress and leave your muscles relaxed after a good hearty laugh
- boosts the immune system – your stress hormones decrease while your immune hormones increase with every laugh
- triggers the release of endorphins – the body's natural feel-good chemicals
- protects the heart – a simple laugh can help improve the function of blood vessels and increase blood flow which will help protect against a heart attack and other cardiovascular problems
After seeing all the benefits that laughter can bring to all of us I knew we needed a little comedy on our family movie nights! I tend to stick to the oldies because they never disappoint but the kids always want to watch something new.
Add A Little Laughter to Family Movie Night #StreamTeam
The big kids pick of the week:
- Shrek Forever After
- Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
- Despicable Me
- Dr. Suess' The Cat in the Hat
- Kung Fu Panda 2
- Mr. Popper's Penguins
And for those a little younger:
- VeggieTales in the House – Netflix Original – Coming November 26
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The Movie
- Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted – be careful lots of catchy tunes!
- Noddy in Toyland
- Horrid Henry
- Tom and Jerry: The Movie
This week we might fit in an extra family movie night just because laughter is so much fun!
What's your favorite comedy for family movie night?