I am excited to share this is the third post in my new A Wife's Guide to NASCAR series and I'm loving it! I am learning along the way which is great because I am getting a little more interested in the race week by week. It is hard to believe how many people watch the race every week and go to the races. I can tell you I had three excited boys come home after their weekend at the Las Vegas track. This week I’m bringing you a few wife tips to the Bristol Food City 500!
A Wife’s Guide to NASCAR – Bristol Food City 500
So let’s get into the details of the race! I’ll be sharing a few key points and three drivers just like last week so you have something to talk about this Sunday as well! Kick back and enjoy.
Track – Bristol Motor Speedway
Race – Food City 500
Date – March 16, 2014 (Sprint Cup Series)
So what does the 500 stand for in the Food City 500?
The track is a .533 Mile oval consisting of 500 laps in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series motor race held at the Bristol Motor Speedway in Bristol, TN! The starting positions are held just like in Phoenix as well with the new qualifying method:
- 30 minute first round with all vehicles
- 10 minute break
- 10 minute second round comprised of the fastest 12 cars
Who won the pole position (the first car in the starting lineup)?
- Tough season last year.
- Starting in Bristol last year when he spun ex-teammate Joey Logano which lead to words in the garage.
- At the Fontana race he was battling Logano again when Logano went to block him it sent Hamlin up into the wall. Denny climbed out of the car before collapsing. Denny suffered a L1 compression fracture and collapsed vertebrae. Denny then needed 6 weeks for recovery which turned out to be too much of points deficit to come back from.
- Denny was able to finish the season with a Victory at the last race of the year.
Who won at Bristol in 2013?
- Starting 10th
- Seahawks Fan! At Phoenix race he toured Seattle QB and friend Russell Wilson through garage.
- Last win was in 2013 at Pocono
Who’s coming from a win at the Las Vegas Kobalt Tools 400?
- Recently started new blog www.bradracing.com
- Thanks Dale Jr. for his big break in NASCAR
- 2012 Sprint Cup Champ
- Brad Keselowski 2014 Kobalt 400 Race Winner Merchandise
As always thank you so much and I hope you enjoyed my new Wife’s Guide to NASCAR!
This post contains affiliate links.