I have to say I've missed writing these posts, I feel out of the loop. Ever since the Easter break I keep forgetting to get back on and write all the things I've learned leading up to the Sunday NASCAR Race. The last post I wrote was for the Darlington Bojangles’ Southern 500. So this week I'm bringing back the fun and tips for the NASCAR Sprint Cup.
A Wife’s Guide to NASCAR – Talladega Superspeedway Aaron’s 499
Track – Talladega Superspeedway
Race – Aaron's 499
Date – Sunday May 5 @ 1pm EST
I'm keeping this week short and sweet and getting you the details you need to know and the facts on a few drivers so you can sit back relax and enjoy the race with all your friends. The Talladega Track is the longest track at 2.66 miles and with the high banks it is the fastest track on the circuit. Last week at the Richmond International Raceway there was a lot of excitement and drivers arguing after the race so that's what this post is all abotu so you don't miss out on all the turmoil that might come to light during the 188 lap race.
Points Leader 9 of 36 races: #24 Jeff Gordon
Pole: #33 Rookie Brian Scott
- Car is officially under the “Circle Sport Racing” banner but it is a fully RCR-prepared and staffed with some Circle Sport support when Brian drives it
- 4th cup race of the season
- Finished 25th in the Daytona 500
2013 winner: #34 David Ragan
- Races for Ford with Front Row Motorsports
- Will be a first time Dad in June
- Teammate David Gilliland played an instrumental role by really pushing him across the finish line last year in Talladega so he might be returning the favor this year, keep an eye out for team work!
- must watch clip of altercation after last weeks race involving Marcos Ambrose and #13 Casey Mears
- Australian racer who moved to the states in 2006 to pursue NASCAR career
- 2 Career NASCAR wins and 18th is highest he has ever finished in a series standings but Marcos is always a top contender at the road courses
- Second multi win driver and now 6th in the standings
- 5th career win
- 2007 Coca-Cola 600 winner, only NASCAR win
- Drives for smaller teams Germain Racing in the #13 Geico car
Sit back this race is about to get crazy! With the high speeds and drivers feuding after last week you never know what is in store, it could just turn out to be the best race this season.
As always thank you so much and I hope you enjoyed my Wife’s Guide to NASCAR!
This post contains affiliate links