The season of salads is here! There is nothing like seeing the greens pop up in the garden and knowing home grown salad season is almost here! I can't wait to indulge in what the garden has to offer. Until then I'm leaving salad month to Simply Dressed! Marzetti Simply Dressed Salad Dressings has a delicious variety of dressings available in your produce section. All dressings are free from preservatives, trans fat, high fructose corn syrup, added MSG or artificial flavors. They are made with simple and pure ingredients such as extra virgin olive oil, sea salt and canola oil.
National Salad Month Brought to you by Simply Dressed
If you are tired of plain leafy greens, these salads incorporate healthy and inspiring ingredients such as dried apricots, chickpeas and golden beets:
- Crunchy Apple Chicken Salad
- Arugula and Fennel Pomegranate Salad
- Exotic Vegetables and Chickpea Salad
- Chopped Spinach, Mint and Cracked Wheat Salad
You can download all four recipes easily HERE.
A breaded, browned piece of goat cheese makes an interesting centerpiece for a salad of arugula, fennel, onion, pomegranate seeds and Simply Dressed. Pomegranate Salad Dressing.
- 1/ 2 cup Simply Dressed® Pomegranate Salad Dressing
- 1 large fennel bulb, outer layer removed
- 1 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 6 oz. goat cheese, cut into 6 discs
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 8 oz. arugula
- 1 small sweet onion, sliced thinly
- 1/ 2 cup pomegranate seeds or dried cranberries
- 1/ 3 cup shelled pistachios
- Cut fennel into thin pieces. Set aside.
- Place panko in a shallow dish. Roll each piece of goat cheese in panko and transfer to a plate. Heat oil over medium-high heat in medium size skillet. Add goat cheese and brown cheese on each side, about 1 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer cheese to a plate and keep warm.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine fennel, arugula, onion and Simply Dressed® Pomegranate Salad
- Dressing; toss gently. Divide salad mixture and arrange on individual plates. Sprinkle each salad with pomegranate seeds and pistachios. Place warm goat cheese on top of each salad.
Now for my favorite part not only did I get to share these amazing salad recipes with you but I get to share a giveaway too so you can enjoy these great salads any day of the week! Trust me with dressings this good you'll be a salad lover all summer long.
Giveaway Brought to you by Simply Dressed
Winner will receive: A Summer Salad Prize Pack Valued at $100!
- Wooden salad serving bowl and salad tossers,
- 4 wooden salad bowls,
- Tea towel,
- Special lettuce knives that cuts greens without browning
- The full Marzetti Simply Dressed Salad Dressings line up (in voucher form)
Open to residents of Canada
Giveaway will run from May 20 – 30, 2014