Managing a home is not an easy task. Anyone that says running a household is easy probably hasn't done it! There are ways to make sure your home stays organized and easy to run. Creating a schedule and staying on top of messes are two easy ways to keep your home organized. Keeping your home organized is hard but if you stick to it, it will happen.
I find that no matter how organized I am or feel I am always two steps behind. It could just be back to school and the craziness that comes with that or maybe I'm still lazy after the summer. I say out with the excuses and in with some positive change! A few things I try and put into practice to be a little more organized every day are:
- Go Minimal: The less we own the easier it is to keep the house organized. Try not to buy things for the sake of buying. Evaluate each purchase you make and decide if it is something you truly need.
- Skip Spring Cleaning: Don't just do a deep cleaning once a year. Do a fall, winter, spring and summer cleaning! Doing a deep cleaning 4 times a year will give you the opportunity to go through your stuff and decide what you do and don't need.
- Have a Garage Sale: When you are doing your deep cleaning 4 times a year create piles of stuff you can donate or sale at a garage sale. Constantly evaluating what you do and don't need will keep your home organized.
- Have a Communication Center: like this one! Having one spot in the home where you store important documents, homework and schedules will help you stay organized.
- Create a Cleaning Schedule: Set a cleaning schedule but don't make the schedule to overwhelming. You should give yourself two to three tasks per day. Sticking to a cleaning schedule will allow you to stay on top of your home.
- Create a Home Management Binder: Creating a home management binder helps you to stay on task and keep your household running smooth. You can make this binder as detailed as you need it to be.
What are your tips for keeping your home organized?