The secret is out, I have been married for over ten years. Crazy right! Time sure flies when you're loving and living life. We try to make time for each other where we can reconnect and be adults, because with kids sometimes that feels like it never happens.
Try to see how many things you can do without spending money. These 52 ideas should help get you started; I know how hard it can be to come up with something at the spur of the moment. Our favorite date night in is sharing some wine and cheese while catching up on a TV episode or two after the kids are in bed. You don't have to make date night complicated you just need to make a little time for each other.
52 Free Things To Do On Date Night
1. Take a drive to look at the Christmas lights.
2. Play cards—perhaps strip poker.
3. Watch a movie together.
4. Go outside and have a snowball fight.
5. Get some finger paints and create your body art with each other as your canvas – or chocolate and whipped cream are fun too!
6. Go sleigh riding.
7. Go ice skating.
8. Work out or exercise together.
9. Stage your own improvisation show.
10. Put on some old tunes and sing along and why not dance too.
11. Review or create a photo album or scrapbook of your memories together.
12. Play a board game—perhaps chess, Scrabble or Twister.
13. Go to a book store, get coffee and read for hours.
14. Work on a remodeling project together.
15. Plan and complete a yard work project together.
16. Do the spring cleaning together—room by room.
17. Run in the rain.
18. Give each other a massage.
19. Play catch—football, baseball, softball or Frisbee.
20. Go to a car dealer and test drive the car of your dreams.
21. Shoot basketball together.
22. Go for a day hike to find some spring flowers.
23. Take a shower together.
24. Take a free adult education class together.
25. Go to a mall and have a contest to see which one of you can get the most free samples.
26. Go rollerblading or bike riding.
27. Build a campfire and roast marshmallows.
28. Go swimming or skinny dipping.
29. Give each other a manicure or pedicure.
30. Go somewhere crowded to people watch.
31. Go to a free outdoor event, perhaps a concert or movie in the park.
32. Lie on a blanket outside and watch the stars.
33. Go on a picnic.
34. Watch a fireworks display.
35. Find a new spot you've never been to and go exploring.
36. Sit by the water somewhere.
37. Do a prolonged strip tease for each other – always fun.
38. Have a water balloon fight.
39. Sit outside and read poetry to each other.
40. Go for a drive together.
41. Go window shopping.
42. Try some new recipes out together.
43. Set up a late night picnic in the living room after the kids are in bed.
44. Movie night in bed.
45. Spend an evening just talking with each other. Talk about the things you have done, plans you have for the future, important people in your lives or current events.
46. Take a bubble bath together.
47. Go to a free movie or museum.
48. Take a drive and find the potential in old houses and their properties.
49. Create an imaginary story together—either orally or in written form.
50. Take turns being each other's genie in a bottle by fulfilling your partner's every wish and fantasy.
51. Play in the fallen leaves.
52. Create an exciting scavenger hunt that ends in your bed.
With 52 ideas broken down by season, you'll have something fun to try every week. You can always add your own to the list or repeat a few of your favorite, just remember its all about spending some quality time together that won't break your budget.
Why not trade babysitting with friends, that way each couple doesn't have to pay for a sitter. Whatever you choose to do just make sure to relax and have fun because your relationship deserves it.
What's your favorite FREE date night?