I love taking road trips on the weekend and exploring new places. I'd like to highlight Banff for your next road trip because of their epic views, quaint shopping streets and hot springs not to mention an extensive list of outdoor activities. This must-see destination in the Candian Rockies should be at the top of your weekend road trip list!
There has never been a better time to stay-cation at one of the must-see destinations in the Canadian Rockies. The top of Banff’s Sulphur Mountain offers beautiful views of Banff National park from a state-of-the-art summit facility, and starting Family Day weekend (Feb. 17 – 19) and each weekend until March 25, the Gondola is offering a one-of-a-kind Family Weekends experience.
Need more reasons to visit Banff Gondola this weekend? I've got 5 reasons why you should make the trip with your family:
- Kids go free before noon – Arrive early and have your little ones ride the Gondola for free!
- Family-friendly activities – The Junior Explorer Program, Stargazing adventures, taffy-making, story-telling and more!
- Great savings – Alberta residents save 25% on Gondola admission.
- Breath-taking views – The top of Sulphur Mountain provides a bird`s-eye view of six mountain ranges.
- Indulge your senses – There are a multitude of ways to feel, taste, touch, hear and see all that the newly renovated gondola terminal has to offer.
If you're looking for a family-friendly hotel the Elk + Avenue Hotel is a cozy retreat for everyone whether you're looking for the relaxing après-ski sanctuary or a big night on the town. It was renovated in 2016 and ready to impress with their minimalist design with cozy Rocky Mountain-inspired elements. It truly is a great place to stay on your next visit to Banff offer in a superb location and exceptional customer service.
Make wintertime your adventure time in Banff and start planning your road trip today!