I can honestly tell you that taking a break for yourself isn’t easy. Being a mom, I am always on the go – from driving the kids to school, packing lunches to the tackling the never-ending laundry pile, finding the time to relax is hard. Moms let’s face it, it’s even hard to take a shower without interruptions! Nowadays, we’re all time-starved, but, I’m a firm believer that you have to take care of yourself so that you can take care of others, but sometimes that is easier said than done.
Luckily, SunRype Slim is reminding us to Take 10, hit the pause button and take a time-out for ourselves – whether it’s 10 minutes or 10 seconds – to recharge and refresh. No need to tell me twice!
I started making time for myself slowly by setting an alarm mid-day to take 10. I finish up whatever I'm in the middle of and find a quiet spot to relax. I then add a refreshing glass of SunRype Slim Mango to sip my way to the tropical destination in my head. It took some time to get used to taking 10 mintues for myself (ladies, you know what I”m talking about), but as I started making it a daily practive, I now look forwrd to and enjoy my quiet moments in the middle of the day – and with only 10 calories per serving, it's totally guilt free!
It is essential that as busy parents we learn to hit the pause button occasionally and take care of ourselves so we are able to take care of our families. I hope you’ll join me and take 10 for yourself to recharge with SunRype Slim. With only 10 calories per serving (250ml), no aspartame, artificial flavors or colors and so many delicious flavours to choose from, like Lemon Drop Lemonade, Long Island Iced tea, Cranberry Twist, Blueberry Burst, and Tropical Mango, I won’t blame you if your 10 minutes turn into 20.
While hitting the pause button on life, and following my own take 10 advice, I found SunRype Slim to be a refreshing beverage and a perfect low-calorie mixer with alcoholic beverages. The low-calorie beverage is delicious on its own or as an addition to any cocktail recipe.
I'm challenging my girlfriends to Take 10 by hosting a girl's night and reminding them about the importance of taking some ‘me time'. Check out the fun cocktail recipes I've created to host my Take 10 Night.
Take10 Cocktail Recipe
- SunRype Slim, any flavor
- Fresh mint leaves
- Vodka (or make it a virgin and omit)
- Thinly slice the lemon in rings and have a handful of mint leaves freshly picked from the stem.
- In a square ice cube tray, place a couple of mint leaves in each section followed by a slice of lemon, repeat until the tray is full.
- Fill each section with your favorite SunRype Slim (I like the Lemon Drop Lemonade and Long Island Iced Tea), top each section with a couple mint leaves and place in freezer until frozen solid.
- Remove ice cubes from tray and place in glass, pour in 1-2 ounces of vodka and top with your favorite SunRype Slim flavor (I like Blueberry Burst) and enjoy!
What I like most about these cocktails is the cube melts slowly without watering down your cocktail. Now you can sit back and enjoy your 10 minutes of silence while sipping on your flavor packed Take10 Cocktail. Plus, with these llow-caloriebeverages only being 10 calories, I don’t feel bad in indulging in a cocktail or two 😉
A few of my favorite flavor combinations are:
- Lemon Drop Lemonade cubes with Cranberry Twist
- Long Island Iced Tea cubes with Blueberry Burst
- Cranberry Twist Cubes with Tropical Mango
You can take the cocktail mixing one step further and used flavored vodka, maybe adding a vanilla or citrus flavor would push this cocktail over the top.
How will you take 10 today?
This post has been generously sponsored by Sun-Rype, the opinions and language are my own and in no way do they reflect Sun-Rype.