It is one of those lazy morning where sometimes I feel inspirational (or need to use up dated milk) and want to make something delicious for breakfast and this is usually my go to recipe, best part you can use up whatever fruit you have on hand or I use dried fruit like craisins or fruit to go crisps. Using yogurt instead of oil makes them nice and fluffy and not to mention healthy! This is just a basic recipe so have fun with it!
Yummy Oatmeal Muffins
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour or whole wheat both work fine
- 1/4 cup sugar or lightly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup yogurt – whatever kind you got on hand!
- 1 egg
- 1 cup fruit – berries, dried fruit, frozen, it all works!
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly grease 12 muffin cups or 12 mini muffins and 6 regular muffins.
- In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients, stir in the milk, yogurt, and egg just until dry ingredients are evenly moist. If you have kids helping don't worry about them getting over mixed, haven't had an issue yet. Fold in the fruit. Scoop batter into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until tops are golden! Serve warm with butter. Delish.
What's your favorite muffin?
You can easily save the recipe to your Facebook timeline by hitting the share button below!