This year I will lose 20 pounds. That statement has been made over and over again by myself and many of my friends but just like the majority of the country that New Year’s Resolution is hard to maintain.
We all wish we were healthier, fit the skinny clothes in our closet and had the energy to keep up with the kids every day. Setting an unattainable resolution makes it next to impossible to stay on track or even know where to start.
For me creating a healthy lifestyle by making simple, manageable changes is the key to sticking with it. A few simple habits you can start with are taking vitamins and supplements, drinking more water and moderate exercise for 20 minutes a day.
Healthy Lifestyle Habits #1 – Vitamins and Supplements
Let’s take a look at vitamin and supplements. It starts with a perfect foundation to baseline health, targeting your digestive, heart, bone and whole body health. Jamieson makes it easy with nearly 100 years of experience and Jamieson Essentials Lineup including:
- Jamieson 100% Complete Multivitamins for Adults
- Jamieson Extra Strength Omega-3
- Jamieson Probiotic 10 Billion
- Jamieson Vitamin D
Being afraid that you’re taking the wrong vitamins shouldn’t stop you from being healthy. The experts at Jamieson have identified these four products for a foundation to healthier living. Let’s take a look at why this combination helps you create healthy lifestyle habits:
- The multivitamin ensures you’re meeting your daily vitamin requirement because 60% of the population aren’t getting enough from their meals.
- The omega-3 helps improve cardiovascular health without the fishy taste
- Probiotics are an excellent way to improve your digestive and immune health. Taken regularly they contribute to reducing bloating while aiding in proper digestion that helps keep you regular.
- Vitamin D helps support your immune system, absorb calcium and prevents major diseases.
Healthy Lifestyle Habits #2 – Water
Increasing your daily water intake is an important part of creating a healthy lifestyle because it helps energize muscles, helps skin glow and it keeps your regular. Not sure how much water to drink every day? The formula is simple, take your body weight in pounds and divide it by two and your answer is how many ounces you need a day.
150 pounds/2 = 75 ounces or about 9 cups a day
Simple ways to increase your daily water intake are:
- Start your day off with a glass of water to help increase your metabolism
- Drink a glass of water with every meal
- Take a bottle of water with you when you leave the house
Healthy Lifestyle Habits #3 – Exercise
Raising your heart rate for 20 minutes a day with moderate exercise helps improve cardiovascular health, reduces your risk of diabetes, increases your metabolism and helps you lose weight. Exercise can be anything that makes your body move and burn calories. A few of my favorites are:
- Walking outdoors
- Body weight resistance exercises like wall squats, jumping jacks, and supermans
I hope these three simple habits will help you create a healthy lifestyle that is easy to maintain and helps you achieve your health goals.
What’s one small change you can make towards a healthier you?