I'll be the first to admit it sometimes I'm exhausted, haven't planned dinner and just want to order in then I realized how expensive that got. We would do it one night a week or sometimes two just because it was easy. I thought there had to be a better way to get a wholesome real meal on the table in minutes so I started experimenting with recipes and came up with one of our new favs One Post Pasts! This recipe is versatile and can easily be altered with your families taste buds in mind. My favorite part of One Pot Pasta is it only takes 20 minutes!
One Pot Pasta – Simple Weeknight Meal
You can find most of the ingredients for this meal at your local dollar store which makes it an affordable option compared to ordering in. You can choose to add ground beef, turkey, chicken or even sausage to the pot but its just as good without. I usually cook up a big batch of ground meat and freeze it in portions so I can just pop it into the pot and have a simple weeknight meal in minutes.
- 2 cups broth (whatever you have on hand, I use [url href=”http://realmomma.com/multi-use-chicken-dinner/” target=”_blank” title=”Multi-use Chicken Dinner”]homemade broth[/url])
- 2.5 cups water
- 2 T oil – I love coconut oil but olive oil works great too
- 28 ounce diced tomatoes (the large can)
- 1 regular package of long noodle pasta (375 g/12 oz)
- 1 cup frozen spinach (or fresh, whatever you have on hand)
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 2 T Italian seasoning
- 1 lb cooked ground meat, optional
- freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, for serving
- Fill pot with water and broth then start adding all the other ingredients except the Parmigiano-Reggiano.
- Turn burner on and bring to boil for 8-9 minutes or pasta is al-dente.
- Divide onto plates and top with freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano and enjoy!
Your family will think you're the best cook in the house! The best part is this makes great leftovers I put it into a shallow baking pan and top with cheese and place in the fridge. When you're ready for dinner all you have to do is take the dish out of the fridge, place it in the oven and bake until cheese is melted and bubbly! Delish.
What's your simple go to weeknight meal?