As you prepare to enter the holiday season, you may already be feeling stressed out over an ever-growing to-do list. From shopping for presents such as toys, home goods, or even an airfit p10 mask to attending holiday parties and more, the season can sometimes feel burdensome. However, you can prepare for the stress and keep calm by following these tips.
Eating Right, Exercising & Getting Enough Sleep
Perhaps one of the best overarching strategies for dealing with holiday season stress is making sure that you’re still taking care of yourself no matter how busy your holiday events schedule gets. Ten simple ways to take care of yourself in preparation for holiday stress include the following:
- Try out some winter sports, such as cross-country skiing, ice fishing, snowboarding, sledding or just walking through the snow and enjoying the crisp air, to get some exercise in every day throughout the season;
- Set a regular bedtime and wake-up time to stick to during the season to avoid feeling exhausted, cranky or over-scheduled;
- Stick to a mostly healthy and nutritious diet and avoid indulging in one too many holiday sweets and treats;
- Spend extra time connecting with your family and friends throughout the season to build emotional bonds and memories;
- Volunteer in your community or find other meaningful ways to get involved so you can pay it forward and help others;
- Find helpful habits that support your mental health every day throughout the holidays, including practicing meditation or keeping a nightly journal;
- Remember to treat others with kindness all season long and practice healthy ways of reducing stress and calming yourself down, such as going for a jog, taking deep breaths, using your CPAP full face mask when you need it, spending time with loved ones or even just taking a nap;
- Set realistic New Year’s resolutions and expectations for yourself, begin planning to meet your goals and focus on the positive;
- Recite positive affirmations every morning or before you head to potentially stressful holiday events and remember to practice gratitude every day;
- Spend some time at the start of the holiday season writing out your goals for the season, stay focused and be intentional about meeting those goals.
Holiday Planning and Making Time for Yourself
No matter how many events you have on your schedule, how many chores you have to do or how many resmed n30i review posts you need to read through before placing necessary orders for your health, you should still make some time just for yourself during the holiday season. Thankfully, this can be accomplished via a little planning. For instance, you could:
- Choose holiday presents for your friends and family as early as you can and start wrapping them weeks ahead of time to reduce your stress levels
- Avoid RSVP-ing to too many holiday events and make sure you still have personal time for self-care throughout the season
- Be realistic about your expectations for the holiday season to avoid overburdening yourself unnecessarily
The holiday season can often connote busyness, packed schedules, and stress. In order to prepare for the season and reduce your overall stress levels, make sure to keep these top tips in mind throughout the holidays.