I remember bringing Cheyenne home for the first time and being overwhelmed about everything and if I was ever going to get the whole parenting thing right. I quickly learned that there is no right or wrong when it comes to parenting as long as the baby is happy, has a clean diaper and love that's all they need. I wish I would have been more relaxed during the first couple of weeks rather than worrying about everything.
In 2010 our second baby, Dustin, was a whole new story we stocked up on supplies and enjoyed the time as a new family of four. Diaper changes were easier and there wasn't as much thinking about the little details. Life was and still is pretty perfect and relaxed!
When it comes to stocking up on supplies I've learned that diapers, wipes and lotion are the most important thing to have. Honestly the kids spent a lot of time in their cute little diaper bums and not as much time in the hundreds of outfits I bought them because I thought that was what they needed. That's why I got excited when I found out about the new Huggies® Plus diapers now available exclusively at Costco Canada:
Both diapers come in sizes 1-6 and are at prices we can all afford. By far diapers were the biggest expense we had with both kids, I can't even remember the number of times we were changing Dustin's diaper and he'd pee on the clean one so we had to grab another. Let's just say I learned a few things along the way:
- Put a wipe over boy's private parts as soon as the diaper comes off, this way there won't be unexpected pee accidents
- Set up a changing station with diapers, wipes and bum cream so you aren't trying to find things at the last minute
- Always have a stash of emergency diapers, you'd be surprised how quickly they run out
- Keep your diaper bag stocked with the essentials so you're ready to go anytime and not trying to pack as you leave the house
- Baby wipes are your new best friend! They can clean up anything from faces, bums and spills
- Don't be afraid to ask for help so you can take a nap or even shower alone
- Ask for diapers and wipes as a shower gift
The hardest part of having a second child was the sleep deprivation, the experts say nap when your baby naps but that isn't always possible when you have another little one to take care of. I can't say it enough don't be afraid to ask for help!
174 Huggies® Little Snugglers Plus Size 2 for $36.99
A few of the new features in these amazing Huggies® Plus diapers are the GentleAbsorb® Liner that adds an extra layer of protection and Double Grip Strips that make for a comfy fit on your little one. The diapers also have cute Disney® designs that make the diaper bum that much more adorable.
Please Note: Huggies Snug and Dry Plus has been discontinued and replaced with Huggies Little Snugglers Plus
Head to Costco Canada to stock up on the Huggies® Plus diapers or get some as a shower gift! I grabbed a box for myself and a couple for my girlfriend, who just had a premie, along with some Huggies® Natural Care Plus wipes. I can't wait to go to the baby shower!
What is your baby tip for new Mom's?
I am part of the Huggies® Blogger Campaign with Mom Central Canada and I receive special perks as part of my affiliate with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.