We're always on the go whether its a hike, road trip, camping or visiting family we love to have fun as a family no matter where we go. I've mentioned this a lot before but with Frank being a former paramedic we always have a first aid kit close by. When the first aid kit isn't on the road with us we keep it in the coat closet by the main entrance just in case because you never know. I can't tell you how many times a simple bandage has saved the day.
Updating Your First Aid Kit with Natural Products #BoironFamily
A question we get asked a lot is what's in your first aid kit. We've been lucky enough to have some amazing natural products to update our kit with. Being prepared with an up-to-date first aid kit will become an important part of your regular routine once you have this handy checklist! The part we love about Boiron is this homeopathic medicine is suitable for all of the family!
1. First Aid/Wound Cream: Cleaning scrapes or wounds is important for preventing infection. Keep wipes in your kit and a cream like Boiron Calendula Gel which is a great natural product that promotes healing of the skin.
2. Bandaids and gauze pads: Bandaids help treat injuries of all sizes. Your best bet is to buy a large package that comes with a variety of sizes. Make sure to get a few of the kids favorite characters because it always seems to stop the tears! A tensor bandage and butterfly strips never hurt.
3. Scissors: Speaking of cutting, scissors are often overlooked in many first aid kits. Scissors come in handy not just for cutting gauze pads, but for cutting clothing, adhesive tape, and anything other materials or obstructions that may present themselves in an emergency.
4. Adhesive Tape: Adhesive tape can be used to form splits, tape gauze, and secure any other bandages.
5. Latex Gloves: Latex gloves are a helpful addition to any first aid kit. Latex gloves will provide a clean and sanitary way to protect you against bacteria, blood, bodily fluids, and other potential contaminants that you may encounter in an emergency situation.
6. Pain Relief: Boiron Anicare Tablets and Anicare Sport are great to have on hand for cramps, aches, muscle fatigue, bumps and bruises! Don't forget the Anicare Gel for an extra dose of quick cooling relief! The best part: the gel does not contain coloring, perfume, menthol, camphor, paraben or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)
7. Itching and Hives: Boiron Dapis Gel has you covered whether it is mosquito bits or other annoying insects with the easy-to-apply gel it promotes fast absorption and bring a sensation of freshness! For other skin and nasal irritations Cicadermine is at the top of my list.
8. Motion Sickness: Boiron Cocculine is great in the case that someone may suffer from car sickness, upset stomach, or nausea.
Why we're a #BoironFamily
Why we trust Boiron with our first aid needs:
For over 25 years now Boiron Canada has been proud to provide Canadian with simple and effective solutions for self-medication. All Boiron products are safe for children and adults!
The first aid and sports lines are remarkable and are just as effective as others on the market. As parents we want to give our kids the best products that are gentle on the kids skin and stomachs. Having products that work for both kids and adults is not only a space saver but a sanity saver as well. Since the kids were born we've been using Boiron because its the only product that I trusted for teething, colic and colds. Check out the extensive line of Boiron products, you'll be happy you did!
Don't forget to update your first aid kit before you head out for adventure!