This July the Dare Candy Truck will be rolling across Canada with stops in Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver. You can sample the new Dare Candy that I'm sure you'll fall in love with as quickly as we did.
I'm not going to lie when my bag of sweet treats arrived I planned on hiding them from the family but wasn't quick enough. My favorite are the REALSOURs Strips, I keep them in my purse for a little treat!
Dare is a Canadian, family-owned company with a 124-year history of providing Canadians with the quality products that make every snacking, entertaining and lunchbox occasion better. They have six plants and more than 1,100 employees in North America with the headquarters located in Kitchener, Ontario.
The company was a pioneer in offering peanut-free food solutions, and continues to develop delicious new cookies, candies, fruit snacks, crackers and fine breads to satisfy the changing needs of Canadian families.
The new Dare Candy selection includes :
- REALJubes Red, REALJubes Black & REALJubes Sour – Gluten-free, fat-free, free of artificial flavours, gelatin free
- REALFRUIT Superfruits, REALFRUIT Medley & REALFRUIT Tropical – No artificial colours or flavours, gluten free, made with real fruit, gelatin-free (Superfruits variety only)
- REALSOURs Strips & Sticks – No artificial colours or flavours, gelatin free
The Candy Facts
- In Toronto, friends (47%) and love interests (41%) top the list of who we’re most likely to share a sweet with. Parents, beware – only 9% of Torontonians plan to share candy with a parent!
- Flavour purists rise to the top: 54% of Canadians in Calgary prefer to eat candy one flavour at a time.
- A question as old as water – red versus black? Millennials share a strong affinity for red jubes, and are seven times more like to prefer red over black jubes (61% say they like red and only 8% say black). Baby boomers on the other hand, are split down the middle.
- What’s in your glovebox? 71% of Canadians living in Vancouver like to bring candy along for the ride as part of their summer road trip experience.
What new Dare Candy do you want to try?