Another Tuesday which means time to share a recipe! Yesterday I had a delicious teriyaki stir fry and it reminded me of my homemade recipe that is simple and easy to do in the slow cooker with chicken, pork, beef or however you like it. It is simple to make variations or add a few veggies to make it a little healthier. So here it is!
Slow Cooker Teriyaki
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ⅓ cup apple juice or whatever you have on hand, orange also works great
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp cold water
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- I use a tupperware gravy shaker and throw all the ingredients, except the chicken, into it and shake to combine.
- Throw your chicken (or the protein you're using) into the slow cooker and turn on LOW 5-6 hours or until meat is tender.
- Shred the chicken and let sit in the yummy sauce for 15 minutes or until you're ready to eat!
- Serve over rice and you've got a delicious and easy meal!