If you've been checking in with me on Facebook you would of seen how popular my picture post was of Scalloped Potatoes in the slow cooker! So I bring you the recipe this week for Tasty Tuesday!!
Here are a few pictures of the prep process pretty simple and straight forward, the ice cube in the grated onion is homemade beef stock, I use a recipe similar to my multi-use chicken dinner!
- 6 potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 onion, grated or chopped
- 1 cube of homemade beef stock
- 2 cloves garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp 3 onion dip mix (epicure)
- 1 tsp lemon dilly dip mix (epicure)
- ¼ cup margarine or butter, melted
- 2 cups grated cheese (I used marble)
- 1 cup milk
- 1.5-2 cups flour
- I get everything prepped so I peel and slice the potatoes, grate the onion (or you can thinly slice it) and combine it with the spices, melt the butter, grate the cheese, and combine the flour and milk to make a paste (I use a tupperware gravy shaker).
- Start by putting a layer of the sliced potatoes in the bottom of the sprayed slow cooker, top with grated cheese, then another layer of potatoes topped with the onion and spice mixture topped with grated cheese then your final layer of potatoes.
- On top of the final layer of potatoes I poured my melted margarine followed by my milk and flour mixture then topped it with remaining grated cheese.
- Turn slow cooker on low for 4-6 hours
If you're wondering about the layering and how it turns out here are a few pictures I took during the process
I'd love to hear if you have any pointers or variations, it is so simple to do! I'm thinking of pre-slicing and preparing for a freezer meal, something new I would LOVE to try.