A new year means trying new things and even some new recipes! In our house, cinnamon buns are always a favorite but they are time consuming to make and with two kids helping it seems like a never-ending process. That's why I decided to give this Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread a go! The recipe is quick and easy so if you have unexpected company show up it isn't a problem to whip up a batch!
Quick and Easy Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread
- 2 cup Flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 3 tsp Cinnamon
- Combine the flour, 1 cup sugar, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- MIx together buttermilk, egg and oil and stir into flour mixture until blended.
- Mix together cinnamon and 1/2 cup sugar in small bowl.
- Spray the bottom of a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Pour half of the batter into pan then sprinkle 2/3 of the swirl mixture.
- Pour remaining batter and sprinkle with remaining swirl mixture.
- Take a knife or spatula and cut through batter to swirl.
- Bake at 350 for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes in pan then remove and place on wire rack.
- 1/4 cup Icing Sugar
- 2 tsp Milk
- Place icing sugar in a bowl slowly add milk stirring until you get to syrup consistency, then drizzle over loaf.
What's your go to recipe for unexpected company?