By now you've read the article on preventing mold in the home, with the winter season here now is more important then ever to make sure you're taking the proper precautions.
So what exactly is mold?
Molds are a type of fungi. Approximately 100,000 species of fungi have been discovered and it is estimated that there are at least that many waiting to also be discovered. The vast majority of fungi feed on dead or decaying organic matter. Molds as a fungi have the potential to produce health problems such as:
- Allergens – substances that can cause allergic reactions such as sneezing and scratchy eyes
- Irritants – substances that can cause rashes and/or other irritations of the skin or bodily membranes of the eyes, nose, throat and lungs
- Potentially toxic substances known as mycotoxins – can cause respiratory problems
Mold in Downriver Michigan
What can you do to protect your family from harmful mold growth in your home? That's where Downriver Cleanup & Restoration can help:
- Conduct an inspection for any signs of black mold, mold growth, mold damage, water damage, and mildew growth.
- Thoroughly remove any impacted areas where water damage has occurred.
- Completely dry your property and valuables, then sanitize and deodorize everything to ensure optimal cleanliness and freshness.
Specialty companies like Downriver Restoration located in southeastern Michigan, are made up of a team of specialists educated and experienced in mold detection, prevention and removal. They're here to help you and your family live in a healthy non-toxic environment.
There are four critical requirements for mold growth. The removal of any one of these items will prohibit mold growth.
- Available mold spores
- Available mold food
- Appropriate temperatures
- Considerable moisture
Downriver Restoration located in Wayne County’s downriver communities, in southeastern Michigan, is ready to advise you about moisture in your home, business, public buildings and any other structure you might be concerned about.
Get the facts on mold and prevention today!
Brought to you by www.downriverrestoration.com