I have a belief that in order to move on to bigger and better things in our lives we need to get rid of the negativity and the past experiences that are holding us down. To be the best YOU this year it is important to approach this task with an open mind and positive attitude.
Remember my theme this year – NO EXCUSES – that might just be a good thing to apply to this exercise :).
Don’t make this task harder than it needs to be, accept the emotions as they come, write them down and say goodbye! Leaving the past behind is the perfect start to a brand new YOU!
Letting Go of What’s Holding You Back!
Your simple steps to letting go of the past:
- Get a box, jar, or some sort of container that you can use to store your thoughts, whether they are happy ones, negative ones or just memories that you enjoyed from the past year.
- Print out a couple copies of the THESE .pdf PAGES, cut them into individual squares and grab a pen!
- Start writing, just let your pen flow on the paper and have fun with it.
- Once a square is full fold it, place it in your container and set it FREE!
- Allowing yourself to accept the past for what it is and move on is an amazing thing so you might want to keep the notes or maybe get rid of them by putting them in the garbage or burning them. Whatever you choose make sure it is the right fit for YOU.
Giving yourself permission to let go of the things that are holding you back will open up a whole new world full of experiences and possibilities. Trust me I have done this on numerous occasions to get through some rough patches and move forward, there is nothing worse than letting an experience control you.
Be YOU. Be MORE.