Yummy, it is Tasty Tuesday again!! This post was inspired after all the feedback I got on facebook for one of our favorite salads. The original recipe is called Glory Bowl and I got it from Canadian Living. I made some changes to the recipe so that is what I am sharing with you today.
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- 1 cup cubed extra-firm tofu
- 4 cups cooked quiona
- 1 cup each grated carrots and beets
- 1 cup packed baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- In a frying pan cook tofu in the oil until brown and crispy, set aside to cool, I usually place it on a paper towel to absorb the extra oil.
- While frying the tofu cook your quiona and let it cool a couple minutes before plating
- Grate the carrots and beats, set aside
- When assembling the salad do it in layers so you can get a bite of everything in every scoop! Drizzle with the dressing!
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 3-4 tblsp soy sauce, depending on how salty you like it
- 3 tblsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tblsp water cup water
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- I use a magic bullet and throw everything in a cup and blend and it is ready to go in about a minute!
And that's our layered salad! It is easy to pack for lunches just put all the veggies in a bowl, dressing in a covered cup in the bowl, quinoa in a 1 cup sized microwave container, and the tofu in a ziploc bag. Just head up the quiona and assemble the sale and cover with dressing!
Be sure to join me on Facebook to see what's cooking in our house!