If you know me, you know my downfalls are bread, cheese and spicy stuff like jalapenos so why not share my recipe that combines all my loves!! This week I bring you my Ciabatta Bread recipe! We love this with dinner especially a nice pasta meal or just any meal in general, lol.
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons quick rising yeast
- toppings of your choice – olives, jalapenos, cheese
- Place ingredients into a bowl starting with the dry ingredients. Making a well combine the wet ingredients and stir to combine. I use my hands with oil on them so the dough doesn't stick to them.
- Dough will be quite sticky and wet once combined, resist the temptation to add more flour. Knead dough for 5-10 minutes so it has a fluffy consistency.
- Place dough on a lightly floured board, cover with a large bowl, and let rest for 15 minutes. Or I place it in my oven with the light on, the temperature is perfect for rising bread.
- Lightly flour or use parchment lined baking sheets. Divide dough into 2 pieces, and form each into a 3×14 inch oval. Place loaves on prepared sheets and lightly flour. Cover, and let rise in a draft free place for approximately 45 minutes, once again the oven with the light on is amazing for this!
- Preheat oven to 425°F (if bread is in the oven rising be sure to remove it first), rack should be in center of the oven.
- While oven is heating top with your favorite toppings, I love cheese, olives, and jalapenos! Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. During baking, for a crisper loaf put a bowl of water on the bottom rack.
This is what my bread looks like before I put it on the oven, be careful not to overuse topping as the top will cave in.
What's your favorite side to have with dinner?