Makeup 101 is all about making you feel better in the skin you're in!
It's a fun time to try new makeup techniques, but there are a lot of do’s and don’ts in the makeup world. It’s easy to make a simple mistake that could ruin your whole entire look. Here are some makeup disasters that you should definitely try and avoid doing.
- Bright makeup colors with bright lipstick. Try to avoid mixing bright colors with bright lipstick. If you have a bright pink lipstick, but you're wearing a bright yellow eye shadow, it would make a very bad combination, because overall it would just be too flashy and would clash horribly. Basically avoid mixing brights with brights, because that is often a big mistake when it comes to makeup disasters.
- Black eye shadow messes. When doing this, it drops tiny pieces of the black eye shadow under the eye. Sadly, trying to lick your finger and wipe it off will only end up smearing it and leaving your face completely covered in the black eye shadow being applying. The tip given here is to try putting an index card under your eye while applying dark colors, otherwise, it can get very messy.
- Overdone eyebrows. Something else to avoid is overdoing your eyebrows while penciling them in. Coloring in your eyebrows is great and sometimes very important, just don't take it overboard. If you gently shade in your eyebrow with a matching color, it could create a neat even look, but if you were to roughly shade it in with a somewhat darker color, it could come out looking horrible, almost very fake. Instead, find an eyebrow pencil closest to your color and carefully use it.
- Lipstick on your teeth. It’s so annoying, am I right? To try and avoid doing this, try to pucker your lips out and make sure to apply it evenly along your lips. Also, while you speak, try to keep your lips outward.
- Uneven eyeliner. Having uneven eyeliner is a definite no. It makes you look cheap and un-organized. There are a couple ways to avoid this terrible look, of course. One way is quite strange: putting an index card or credit card on your eyelid. It may sound weird, but it works! It helps you line the eye liner better so that it’s even. When doing your eyeliner, go slow—otherwise you could end up looking like a raccoon!
Hopefully these makeup tips will help prevent any makeup disasters in the near future! Build the perfect makeup starter kit and have fun creating your perfect look. Remember everyone has bad make up days, but the more you practice, the better you get.
With these makeup tips you’ll be well on your way to creating the perfect look!
This post contains affiliate links, thank you for your continued support.