Just last week Southland Transportation and the Calgary Police Service partnered for an amazing back to school safety event! I was unable to attend but wanted to share these great tips with you because with back to school season right around the corner we could all use a few reminders to help keep our kids safe.
10 School Bus Safety Tips
- Arrive at your bus stop on time.
- Stay 10 feet away from the street. Anything closer to that is called the “danger zone.”
- Never run in front of the bus.
- Watch where you are going when you get on the bus.
- Use the railings for safety.
- Be patient, don’t push, don’t shove.
- Stay seated and facing forward on the bus.
- Keep your head, hands and other objects inside the bus at all times.
- Always remember to wait until the bus stops before standing up and leaving your seat.
- Look both ways before getting on and off the bus.
By following these rules, we can ensure that we all arrive Safely Home.
Thank you Southland Transportation for keeping our safety and those we love in mind during this crazy back to school season!