Your family means everything to you. You want a place where you can enjoy being together and have some fun adventures along the way.
Welcome home! We’ve got ten fantastic ideas to help you transform your house and yard into a place your family will love to be.
- Create a Home Theater. What’s better than movie night with the family? A few couches, a beanbag or two, and a TV are all you need to turn your old utility room into an entertaining space the whole family can enjoy.
- Add an Above-Ground Pool. Keep an eye on your kids while they’re cooling off this summer—or jump into the pool with them! A family pool is the perfect place to make fun summertime memories (Source: Blue World Pools).
- Grow a Garden. Pulling weeds together unifies a family, and your fresh fruits and vegetables will make a yummy addition to family dinners. Gardens provide great family time and opportunity for the occasional mud-fight.
- Build a Deck, Patio, or Porch. Spend hot summer nights barbecuing and eating dinner together, watching the sun and the temperature go down. You’ll love the cool space (and the high ROI).
- Repaint the Front Door. Pick an exciting shade and show your neighborhood your true colors. Include your kids and make a family project out of it.
- Install a Pet Door. Your kids will make terrific memories and learn important lessons when they take care of their first pet. Install a pet door and prepare for some fun—a puppy or kitten will keep things exciting!
- Remodel Your Kitchen. Your family loves making cookies and Thanksgiving dinners together. A remodeled kitchen will give you the space and appliances you need to make delicious meals the whole family can enjoy.
- Install a Fence. Keep your kids, pets, and valuables safe—put up a backyard fence. With a fence, neighbors won’t get too jealous when you don’t invite them to your awesome water fight.
- Build a Tree-house. Your kids could use a pirate ship, princess castle, or spaceship. A tree-house is all that and more! Enjoy building the tree-house together and watch your kids’ imaginations climb.
- Renovate Your Basement or Attic. The extra area can be used for a new family room—a wonderful space for those epic games of Monopoly or Christmas Eve sleepovers.
Complete these projects together, make wonderful memories, and enjoy the results! Your home improvement projects won’t just build pools and garden beds—they’ll build families.