The slow cooker is my best friend on most days, makes meals so easy! For the most part that is. Here is one of my favorites lately. I usually modify the recipe to what I have on hand in the cupboard and it is great to freeze and reuse!
You can use slow cooker beans and frozen corn instead of canned and it works perfectly! Might as well cut out the sodium if you can and use my homemade taco seasoning recipe as well!
Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup
Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup
A delicious slow cooker meal that is filling and simple to make, great for groups of people
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 16 oz can chili beans (regular size can)
- 1 15 oz can black bean (regular size can)
- 1 15 oz can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 8 oz can tomato paste
- 1 12 fl oz can or bottle of beer – or you can use chicken broth, water, pop whatever you've got
- 2 10 oz cans diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained (I use 1 large can of whatever diced tomatoes I have usually Italian)
- 1 1.25 oz pkg taco seasoning
- 2 whole skinless chicken breasts – you know what works best for your family
- grated cheddar cheese garnish
- sour cream garnish
- crushed tortilla chips garnish
- Place the onion, beans, corn, tomato paste, beer and tomatoes in the slow cooker. Add taco seasoning and stir to blend. Place chicken on top, pressing them down until covered by ingredients. Set slow cooker on low heat, cover, and cook 5 hours.
- Remove chicken breasts from the soup and shred the chicken once its cool enough to handle. Stir shredded chicken back into the soup, and continue cooking for 1-2 hours. Serve topped with shredded cheese, a few dollops of sour cream, and tortilla chips.
- And that's it, pretty simple. I cook it on low and then shred the chicken and throw it back in for a half-hour or so and it turns out fine. Pretty delicious and super easy! Makes a full slow cooker so be careful while stirring. You can also toast some tortilla shells to finish it off!
thanks for the nice post.
Yummy glad you got to link up, hope you are feeling better
kelley recently posted…It’s Back to School, How Does Your School System Measure Up?
This sounds great! Very similar to my mom’s tortilla soup. I think I may be making this this week as I have most the ingredients already. It’s too hot to have something this hardy today. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Btw, you can probably use chicken in place of tofu for the Thai Basil Stir-fry 😉 Although, I also don’t think you should be “scared” to try cooking anything- you can do it! Just make sure it’s drained for at least one hour before hand.
Jessica recently posted…Potty Training Update
I’m just scared that I will ruin the dish but I’ll give it a shot, thanks for the pointer! And the soup is delicious you’ll love it and it freezes easily!
This looks YUMMY!!!
Thanks for sharing with my Super Link Party! 🙂
Susie at Earning-My-Cape recently posted…Little Crochet Football (free pattern)