One month of school behind us and now we're looking forward to the fall weather, spending time with our families and kicking off the holiday season with Thanksgiving! When I get to make Thanksgiving dinner I like to surprise everyone with something new that will leave everyone wanting more so when Canadian Turkey Farmer's sent this recipe I knew it was a keeper!
Sausage and Pistachio Stuffed Turkey Breast Roast Recipe
This recipe is great for a twist on the traditional turkey dinner, you still get the same great taste but an easy portion for smaller families. I like how the recipe is simple and can easily be made for a formal meal or any night of the week, plus the leftovers are delicious! With this recipe we're making Canadian Turkey the centerpiece of our family celebrations!
Turkey breast is a really popular cut and widely available at your grocer. It’s easy to prepare and customize with your favorite flavor profile. This tasty recipe is a great place to start.
- For turkey:
- 1 large boneless turkey breast, butterflied
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp each salt, pepper and garlic powder
- 8-12 leaves fresh sage
- For stuffing:
- 3 slices rye, diced
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 2 turkey sausages
- 3 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Remove sausages from casing and sauté until cooked through. Set aside until cooled.
- Pour milk over bread until absorbed. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine sausage, bread and the rest of the stuffing ingredients.
- Spread out breast meat. Season with olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Sprinkle with fresh sage leaves.
- Spread stuffing evenly across meat.
- Gently roll meat up into a roast. Tie to secure.
- Season outside with salt and pepper.
- Sear on medium-high heat until browned on all sides.
- Roast in the oven for 35-45 minutes until an instant read thermometer reaches 170 degrees.
- Remove from the oven and rest for 20 minutes until cooled.
- Slice and serve.
When it comes to holiday meals whole turkey and turkey parts are an excellent choice for holiday meals and recipes. I love how far a whole turkey goes, you can start with a traditional turkey dinner and from there the possibilities are endless including soups, stir fry, sandwiches and even salads.
Did you know Turkey Farmers Care?!
For 8 years in a row Turkey Farmers of Canada and its member organizations have donated to Food Banks Canada for the purchase of turkey by rural food banks at Thanksgiving.
Looking for additional unique Thanksgiving solutions? Visit the Canadian Turkey site to find the perfect recipe and create your Thanksgiving tradition!
I’ve teamed up with Turkey Farmers of Canada for this great giveaway where one lucky reader will win an Amazon.ca gift card!
Canadian Turkey #CdnTradition Giveaway
1 Winner each will receive: $75 Amazon.ca Gift Card
Giveaway Open to: Canadian Residents, except where prohibited
Ends: October 16, 2016
The fine print: All entries must be received by 11:59 pm MST 10/16/16. The winners will be notified via email and have 48 hrs to respond. If no response with 48 hrs a new winner will be chosen. Open to Canada only, prize supplied by Turkey Farmers of Canada.