For the kids in our house pizza is a staple. I don't know what it is about pepperoni pizza but they seem to have a craving for it every day and ordering it can get expensive. I never realized how easy pizza was to actually make until we did it a few times and with a few simple ingredients we usually have on hand they can have delicious homemade pizza in about 30 minutes (if the sauce is pre made)! Can't go wrong with that. Grab our pizza dough recipe and this quick and easy homemade pizza sauce and you're halfway done already!
Quick and Easy Homemade Pizza Sauce
Look for the ingredients at your local dollar store, that's my secret to making homemade pizza inexpensive but still packed full of flavor! Sometimes you can even find pizza pepperoni in stock! Making the sauce from scratch gives you a huge batch so you can use it for pizza a second night or even a pasta dish.
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic cloves minced
- 1 (28-ounce) can tomatoes
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Dried Oregano
- In a medium saucepan heat oil on medium.
- Cook garlic in pan for several minutes.
- Add crushed tomatoes, juices, salt, and oregano to pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes.
- Makes enough sauce for at least 4 pizzas, leftover sauce can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container.
Make a pizza bar at the house with all the fixing and let each person choose what they want on their pizza. I find this a great way to use up leftovers too! Just think jalapeno, steak and corn pizza or chicken ham and swiss. The possibilities are endless.
What's your favorite kind of pizza?