If you know me you probably already know that I don't like leftovers so I try to get creative and find ways to use them up, my least favorite is ham. Not really sure why I don't like ham but I would rather not eat it at all and my husband LOVES it so we have to find a happy compromise and for me that's my quick and easy eggs benedict!!
- 2 english muffins, split then toasted and buttered
- sliced ham, enough to cover the english muffins
- 4 eggs
- Hollandaise sauce – I use a package so you'll need the ingredients as required (I usually use [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000I73KTI/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B000I73KTI&linkCode=as2&tag=reamom0b-20″ target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow”]Knorr[/url])
- salt and pepper, to taste
- cayenne pepper, to top the finished product
- In a frying pan over med-high heat, fry the ham on each side until evenly browned.
- While the ham is cooking get the hollandaise started as per package directions and the english muffins toasted
- When the english muffins are toasted and buttered place on the serving plate and cover with the cooked ham
- In the meantime when the ham is removed from the frying pan, use non-stick cooking spray to coat the pan and place your cracked eggs into the frying pan, topped with salt and pepper, cooking them to your preferred taste
- When eggs are cooked place on top of ham and smother in hollandaise sauce and place a pinch of cayenne pepper on top to finish off the look!
- Serve warm
I take the easy way out and use Hollandaise sauce from a package , to me it isn't cheating just making my life easier!
What's your favorite breakfast?