The Grain Mill Wagon Challenge has us busy trying out some new recipes, or as my daughter calls them experiments. I didn't realize how easy making your own flour could be! I've ground up everything from quinoa to chickpeas and have to say the WonderMill Grain Mill has not disappointed me! In fact with all these healthy made at home flours I am actually saving money!
The challenge requires that I use the Wondermill Grain Mill to create three recipes using flour I've made with it! I thought I would take it easy for the first recipe and do something simple like Banana Bread!
The flour of choice for this recipe is Quinoa Flour!
It was super simple to make a batch of flour all I had to do was turn the Wondermill Grain Mill on and toss in a cup of dry Quinoa and instantly had flour! Now there is nothing wrong with that. It was so simple I even had my daughter helping me. She climbed right up on the counter to get a look inside and add the Quinoa herself to make sure I wasn't trying to pull a fast one on her. It is almost an instant product from putting in the ingredients to getting flour, I can see why she wanted to give it a go herself.
The recipe is super simple and I found that the use of quinoa flour made the banana bread a little moisture than using regular all-purpose flour. Don't get me wrong banana bread is usually moist to start with but this gave it an extra little wow factor! Serve it up with some butter and coffee and your friends will be jealous when they come to visit!
- 2 cups Quinoa flour
- 4 tablespoons Stevia
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup yogurt – whatever kind you got on hand!
- 1 egg
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Lightly grease a loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients, stir in the milk, yogurt, and egg just until dry ingredients are evenly moist. If you have kids helping don't worry about them getting over mixed, haven't had an issue yet. Fold in the mashed bananas. Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake 45-60 minutes in the preheated oven. Top will be golden and toothpick inserted in the center of the bread will come out clean. Serve warm with butter. Delish.
Quick and Easy Banana Bread Recipe
You can easily share the whole recipe on Facebook now: