You won't believe how simple these patriotic pretzel rods are to make, you'll wonder why you haven't tried making them before. The best part is you can easily switch up the colors and create a chocolate pretzel that's perfect for any occasion. You'll surely impress your guests at the next get-together you have!
Patriotic Pretzel Rod Recipe
I also have the Wilton Candy Melt Drizzling Scoop for a different project that was used for making these but a regular spoon will also do the trick!
If you want to get a little more technical put the melted chocolate in a Ziploc bag and snip the corner to create your own piping bag, and drizzle on pretzels. Similar to what I did to fill my mini donut pan.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper. Lay down pretzel rods.
- Melt an entire bag of white candy melts in a tall drinking glass. This will make it much easier to coat the pretzel rods completely with chocolate. Once all of the pretzel rods are dipped in white chocolate, lay on parchment paper. Place in refrigerator.
- Melt the red and blue candy melts in separate bowls.
- Remove rods from the refrigerator and using a spoon drizzle the red and blue melts back and forth on the pretzels.
- Cover with a dusting of star sprinkles.
- Place in refrigerator to let the chocolate harden and then serve!