The weather is getting a little cooler and the kids are heading back to school so now is a great time to tackle that big home improvement project you've always wanted to do!
Whether you're upgrading your electrical, installing gutters, building an addition or remodeling the kitchen some jobs might just be a little too complicated and require a little help from an expert.
If you are at all concerned with finding the best construction company here are some tips that will help you on hiring the right company:
- Got a License? – most states require a contractor to have a license to operate
- Check References – get at least three references from satisfied clients and make a visit to the construction company's current job site
- Get Bids – multiple bids from different company's can give you piece of mind and allow an honest comparison
- Get it in Writing – sometimes a handshake doesn't seal the deal, get a detailed contract. The more you clarify the fewer headaches you'll have to deal with as the project unfolds.
- Payment Terms – always get proof of payment and know the terms for example – 10% down, 20% at start, 20% halfway through and remainder at completion.
This might sound like a lot of work but having the best construction company do the job right the frist time is work it! You might even be able to get a career in the field after all the experience you'll gain. One of the best ways to protect yourself is the act of due diligence which basically means do your homework.
I hope you can find the best construction company to help with your next project!