Venice is one of the most exquisite cities in the world, known and appreciated for its timeless beauty.
It’s not only a perfect destination for couples looking for a romantic getaway, but it's also a perfect city for families with kids.
Even though Venice is relatively small, a week isn’t enough to visit all its attractions. Among the many museums, art exhibitions, concerts, churches, palaces, gardens, squares, etc. there’s always something to do and see in this city.
Therefore, if you want to optimize you time in Venice, prepare beforehand a list with all attractions you want to visit which also takes in consideration your children interests. Apart from the Venetian highlights as St. Mark’s Square, St. Mark’s Basilica, Rialto Bridge, etc. add in your list these five activities to visit Venice with your kids without boring them:
1. Peggy Guggenheim is a wonderful museums that suits kids well. Situated about 20-minute walk from St. Mark’s Square, it organizes workshops and activities dedicated to children and families.
- Kids Day At The Guggenheim. Every Sunday afternoon is completely dedicated to children aged 4 to 10 years old with projects that explain children modern and contemporary art in a simple and enjoying way, with also practical experiments. For further information visit Geggenheim-Venice.
- Be Family. From October to May 2015, one Saturday per month will be dedicated to visits, activities and workshops for adults, teens and children members of the Peggy Guggenheim Collection.
2. Take part in a rowing course, one of the most ancient traditions of the city: it's a funny way to learn how to row a real gondola and appreciate Venice from another point of view. Lessons are recommended for children ages 8 and up. For information and reservations www.remierafrancescana.it
3. Explore the Venetian islands, Murano, Burano, Torcello!
- Visit an authentic furnace of Murano to see the interesting glass processing. Your children will remain literally amazed in seeing how craftsmen handle canes with at their end an incandescent ball that will become an object of glass.
- In Burano you can appreciate the colorful houses of the fishermen and don’t miss the opportunity to taste the characteristic local biscuits called “buranei”, your children will love them.
- If your child wants to become an archaeologist, a visit to the island of Torcello is a must. Here is located an interesting museum which is divided into two archaeological sections: both medieval and modern.
4. Bring your children to the Natural History Museum of Venice where you will find all kinds of animals of every age, and evidences of the 19th century. There is also an impressive dinosaur skeleton: your children will not be disappointed!
5. Where to stay? To experience the charm of Venice and fully appreciated it with kids, it’s recommended to not stay on the mainland or in the surrounding islands, but stay on the island of Venice. On HotelsClick, an online portal specializing in hotel reservations, you can find many comfortable hotels in Venice suitable for families. And if you want to save some money take advantage of this promotional code!
- To find a room and take advantage of the discount code go to the homepage of HotelsClick and insert the following special code:
realmomma in the Promotional code box to save 3% on any booking.
The discount will be automatically calculated at the time of payment.
The offer is valid only until 1st October 2015.
Last but not least, do not forget absolutely to bring a camera with you and to take many photos and videos to have special memories of this holiday in Venice with your children!
This post contains affiliate links, thank you for your continued support!