This weekend we decided to hit the road and go visit my parents in Golden, BC. The drive is always nice because we go through the mountains pass a couple hot springs and then we're in Golden! Not to mention once we're there the kids are busy playing with their grandparents so we can sit back and relax. We're always on the lookout for fun things to do in the area and we were lucky enough to go on the opening Summer weekend of Kicking Horse Resort!
Family Fun In Golden, BC
The weather was beautiful and we were able to see Boo (the grizzly bear in the refuge) as well as do a little hike at the top of the mountain before enjoying a family lunch. It was a great day to get out, have some fun and enjoy the summer weather. We'll definitely be back to do some hikes in the summer once all the snow is gone.
Some of the other activities we enjoy in Golden are:
- Spirit Square – they have a variety of fun activities from live bands to a farmer's market
- Six national parks within a short driving distance: Banff, Glacier, Jasper, Kootenay, Mount Revelstoke and Yoho
- Three mountain ranges: Canadian Rockies, Selkirk and Purcell all offer great year-round outdoor activities like hiking, snowmobiling, biking and amazing views
- Two rivers: Columbia and Kicking Horse offer many experiences including white water rafting!
- Rotary Biking Trails around town
- Outdoor Pool and Spray Park
Not to mention the many restaurants, shops and other outdoor activities going on in and around the community. If you're looking for a family fun destination Golden, BC offers many different activities you and the family will be happy for days.
Don't forget to stop by and visit Boo the Bear in the summer months at Kicking Horse Ski Resort.
Where's your favorite family holiday destination?